Well that was considerate of Harvey.
Savestate is holding a Mario Maker 2 contest! Grand prize is a hardcover copy of Savestate with a colored drawing inside!
How to win?
- Only available to those living in the US / Canada since the book will have to be mailed.
- You have until Friday, August 2 to enter.
- Play and beat the Mario Maker 2 level with course ID 478-FBB-2HF
- At the end of the level will be a code written in blocks. Take note of this.
- Send an email to savestatecomic (at) gmail.com with your Mario Maker name and the code from the end of the level.
- Everyone who finishes the level will be entered into a drawing to win the grand prize.
- Do I get anything for being the first to beat the level?
- No. This isn’t a speed run. People have school, work, and other video games to play.
- Do I need to send my mailing address?
- It would make things easier but it’s not required. I’ll contact you to get that information if you win.
- What if the winner isn’t able to claim the prize?
- If I can’t get in contact with the winner to get a mailing address then a new winner will be chosen from the list of those who’ve completed the level.
- Why do I need to email my Mario Maker name and the code from the end of the level?
- To keep things fair. Mario Maker keeps track of who’s beaten each level, however that information is publicly available. The code at the end of the level acts as proof that you’ve actually reached the end of the level and aren’t just pretending to be someone on the leader board.
- What if no one beats the level?
- Then I’ll make an easier level and we’ll try this again.
So I’m an idiot and didn’t realize Mario Maker 2 still had level previews, which meant the secret code was visible to everyone. I’ve fixed this and uploaded the level again. For those that had cleared the original level, I have a log of all previous clears so don’t worry about having to re-beat the level.
Special acclamations to shifter311 who not only was the first to clear the level but held the record at 8’37″.
April 12-14 I’ll be at Motor City FurCon, this time in the Dealer’s Den. Then on May 4 I’ll be at Nostalgia Ink during
Free Comic Book Day. If you’re able to attend either event stop by and say hey.
The sketch is just something I’ve been working on and plain text updates are boring, so here ya’ go. Keeping with the idea of Ashe as Wile E Coyote I thought B.O.B. should be a roadrunner and based his design off Kass.
The planets have aligned and Cthulhu has awoken because the Savestate Store is finally open!
To start off I’m going to keep the stock levels kind of low while I’m learning the ropes of running a store. I’ll update the store as shipments get sent out, so if there’s something you want that’s out of stock just check back in a few days.
Update – Oh, I almost forgot. I’ll be working on a PDF version of the book next. I should be able to sell it directly from the Savestate Store and I’m also looking into listing it on Comixology. Either way they’ll be DRM free because DRM sucks.
I’ve been working on this for almost the entire year but it’s finally here: the Savestate vol 1 book in paperback and hardcover!
Here are a few details:
- 9″ x 6″ with 168 pages
- Collects the first three years ending on the comic where Riley gives Kade a Famicom Classic for the Holidays.
- A 9 page bonus comic that fills in some of the Savestate backstory and introduces Uncle Scooby.
- Pictures of the real life Kade and Nicole: Ivy and Mandy.
- Bios of the main cast.
- Embarrassing concept art.
- And bonus art from those first three years.
The paperback version is $15 and the hardcover is $25. The internal pages are exactly the same so it really comes down to your personal preference.
The book will be available first at Midwest Furfest 2018 convention. This year I’ll actually be in the Dealers Den at table W4. Here’s a map in case you get lost. I’ll also have a few other new things at MFF so stop by and check them out.
After that the book will be for sale online and I’m looking into how best to sell a PDF version if you’d rather have a digital copy.